Support your local brewing community! Great River Brewery and Front Street Brewing Co. have both been severely affected by the recent flooding. This year for QC Beer Week we will be focusing on flood relief for our fellow brewers.
The Quad Cities Area welcomes back QC Beer Week in May! This year the local celebration will be Monday, May 13ththrough Friday, May 17th. Due the recent flooding, this year QCBW is all about cities support cities, brewers supporting brewers. A portion of the sales of each evening will be donated to the flood relief effort.
The Quad Cities is now home to 12 breweries, with a few more in the works; because of this the week is highlighting a different city each day, encouraging the community to visit and support the breweries in each city, each night of the week. As both of our Davenport breweries will be inaccessible, Crawford Brew Works has kindly stepped in and offered to host the Davenport night at their spot.
Friday, May 17this the final celebration, the Quad Cities Tap Takeover to close out the week. All the brewers will gather together at Five Cities Brewing in Bettendorf, each represented by one tap handle.
The schedule for 2019 QC Beer Week:
Moline Monday – Visit:
Rebellion Brew Haus at 1529 3rdAve.
- $1 off house drafts
- $1 off local drafts
Bent River Brewing Co. at 1413 5thAve.
- $1 Off Mugs
- Discounted Growler Refills
Galena Brewing Co. Ale House at 1534 River Drive
- 2pm Soft Opening
Bettendorf /Le Claire Tuesday Visit:
- 5ive Cities Brewing 2255 Falcon Ave
- Crawford Brew Works 3659 Devil’s Glen Road
- Green Tree Brewery 309 N. Cody Rd.
Davenport Wednesday – Due to the extreme flooding in Downtown Davenport, Great River Brewery and Front Street’s Brewpub are both closed until further notice. Crawford Brew Works will be hosting a Flood Relief Tap Takeover in support.
Crawford Brew Works:
- Davenport Flood Relief Tap Takeover 3-11pm
- 6 locally crafted brews on tap with proceeds going to flood relief
- Check out the Facebook Event here
The Front Street Tap House in the Freight House is Open!!! It will feature BOGO Pints that night.
Rock Island Thursday – Visit:
Wake Brewing at 2529 5thAve
- Releasing their newest Hazy IPA, Crossbreaker
- Tapping event is from 5-8pm.
- The Facebook event is here
Bent River Brewing Co. at 512 24thSt.
- $6.99 Six Packs
- $1 off Pints from 4pm-6pm
- A free order of tacos after 6pm with a $5 purchase while supplies last
- The Facebook Event is Here
Radicle Effect Brewerks 1540 31stSt.
- Tapping a Collab with Finch Beer Co.
- Streets of Italy serving from 5-8pm
- Check out the FaceBook Event Here
Attend the QC Tap Takeover Friday at 3pm at 5ive Cities!
- 14 locally craft beers on tap
- 2pm Press Conference launching the QC Ale Trail – a new tourism promotion
- 3pm Tap Takeover
Details on specials and events throughout the week can be found on Facebook and will be updated as the week nears.
QC Beer Week was started 8 years ago by the local home brewing club, MUGZ. It was created to highlight the great places in the Quad Cities that celebrated craft beer, with different tapping events at both bars and breweries. As the local brewing landscape changed, so has the event itself, the focus is now solely on all Quad Cities crafted brews.
QC Beer Week was revived to coincide with the launch of the QC Ale Trail, a new tourism promotion being rolled out by the Quad Cities Visitor’s Bureau. It will be announced in full detail on Friday, May 17th, at the Quad Cities Tap Takeover. Plan to attend the event and support a thriving, local industry and meet the people who are making it happen.