I was born and raised in the state of Iowa and I absolutely love it. I am a proud Iowan and Hawkeye Alum, earning my Bachelor’s of Art from the University of Iowa. Both my parents hail from here as well, my mother growing up on a farm outside of Ames and my father being from the Quad Cities. Both of my parents also love to travel, I suppose this is where I picked up my wanderlust from, if we every had any length of free time, we would adventure out into the country. While I’ve seen a lot in Iowa, there’s so much more to discover. I’m working on an Iowa Bucket List and checking things off. My goal is to document via pic each one I visit.
- Strawberry Point – Home to the world’s largest fiberglass strawberry
- Madison County – Visit a Covered Bridge
- The Grotto of the Redemption – a religious monument in West Bend
- Crystal Lake – home to the largest bullhead fish
- Burlington – I want to drive down Snake Alley, the most crooked street in the world
- The world’s largest wooden nickel is right outside of Iowa City (how did I live there for 7 years and NOT KNOW!)
- Cold Water Cave has the largest cliff in Iowa
- Visit the Field of Dreams….I’ve never been….weird, huh?
- Go to the Iowa State Fair
- Hike the Loess Hills
- Hang out in Pella
- Revisit the Amana Colonies
The list will keep growing, this I know, and if you have any suggestions please contact me….The final mission of this whole idea is to visit all 99 counties in Iowa. I’ve got 49 down….50 to go….